Tuesday, August 21, 2012

K-Palette Zero Kuma Cover Control Concealer (03 Orange Beige)

I love K-Palette for its eye products. And I trust the Japanese. So when I saw that K-Palette had a concealer in the market, I couldn't help myself. 

I have really bad eye rings. I think it comes from 4 years of poor sleeping hours, but then again, my sisters seem to have it too. So it might just be genetic. Whatever it is, I have a hard time concealing them. That's why I bought the Zero Kuma Concealer in 03 Orange Beige.

There are 3 colours. 01 Natural Beige, 02 Yellow Beige, 03 Orange Beige. All are undereye concealers.

I chose 03 as the peach colour is supposed to counter the blue/green eye circles. Yellow doesn't work a single bit. Peach is the best! Also, this concealer claims to improve blood circulation with Swertia Japonica Extract, Silver Birch Leaves Extract and Amino Acid (Glycine), with a beauty serum incorporated to care for the eye area. The ingredients are highlighted in bold at the back of the packaging, hard to miss.

At S$19.90 and 13g of product, it's not exactly very cheap. But with claims like that, I was suckered into it.


It's a really sturdy plastic squeeze tube with a screw on silver cap. I recall the outer packaging being extremely cute with a bear, but the concealer itself bears no hint of "cute" apart from the paw prints. 

I like squeeze tubes because i can control accurately how much product gets dispensed, and this one, being transparent, lets me see how much product I have left. 


I seem to like pictures that look like that recently. The applicator is a smooth slanted tip, very much similar to the shape of doefoot applicators. I do like the concept of it, as well as how the concealer applies from the slanted tip, however, when used that way, product gets all over the applicator and I don't like that. It is also not very hygienic. 

credits to mac swatch: http://karlasugar.net/2009/07/mac-studio-sculpt-foundation/

The product itself is 3/4 way between a cream and a liquid. If you can see from the photo, when applied in a sufficiently thick layer, it doesn't just smooth itself out. Despite it being pretty thick, it does spread very nicely on the skin and blends decently. The colour is a very nice beige tint, however, it is just a tad wayyy too light for my NC30 skin.

It is extremely opaque, so really, a little goes a long way, and plenty of effort goes into blending it out nicely. It is still not enough for my eye rings because mine need serious colour correction, but for the normal eye ring it would be really useful. When I use this, I make sure I blend the colour out on my hand first then dab it on the darkest areas, then I top it up with a normal skin tone corrector.


Check it owwtttt. I caked my entire undereye area! Like I said, this concealer is too light for me, that's why it looks sooooooo caked up. Also, I was suffering from serious dry skin/eyes that day. Well, you can see from the picture that the entire undereye area is the same colour. The coverage is top notch! Just be careful not to apply too much as it will look cakey as with applying too much of anything. I only wish I had a colour match. 

I do cheat a little sometimes on the colour by mixing this with a darker shade. I find that it works quite well to increase coverage of other thinner concealers! 

Being so creamy, I would expect it to crease on me, but really, there's nothing too serious about the caking when I wear this. Lasts 8 hours or so without needing to set with powder. It also doesn't separate from the skin through the day, as I've noticed with some other concealers that start to ride to the surface of the skin. Yuck. I'll save those for another day. 

I haven't noticed... better blood circulation and dissipation of my eye circles, but then again, due to the poor colour match I don't wear it every day. I also would not put too much hope on that as this is a makeup product, not skin care. If I had this in a proper colour match I think it would be possible to go without foundation and just blend this over spots! 

My verdict is that I would like it if I had a better colour match. 


Summary:

Pros:
  • Good creamy consistency that spreads well
  • Very good pigmentation and coverage
  • Doesn't crease undereye
  • Lasts long (looks the same through the day)
  • Packaging is thought out
Cons:
  • No colour match ):
  • Looks cakey if too much is applied
  • Does not work on dark circles



No comments:

Post a Comment