Saturday, March 24, 2012

NYX Rouge Cream Blush (Natural) Review

 It's strange that I love this blush yet I don't wear it often. I have a love hate relationships with cream blushes. I think I love them, especially for the finish that I get, but then I hate attempting to wear them because powder is so much easier to use. Owell.  This is the NYX Rouge Cream Blush in CB02 Natural.

This is the only NYX cream blush that I own, so I cannot give a comparison to the other colours.


Its packaging is very simple, but feels like super cheap, light plastic. I guess, at SGD$7 (when I bought, think it's $9 now) I can't expect too much. Snaps open and close, nothing special nor hard to use. As can be seen from my....usage (pardon the disgustingly used picture), I used to try to blend it out with my fingers. This method is quite easy, especially for people with already good skin. 

As for me, I have an unfortunate has-been-cyst that has scarred and is now a raised bump on my cheek (sigh, don't know when it'll ever be gone), hence blending with my fingers for any form of cheek product in cream/liquid form just wipes away my concealer/foundation. I haven't quite found a way around the movement of my base and am quite annoyed. Nonetheless, with this blush, stippling works wonders in blending it out with minimal movement of base. 

I still have't gotten the hang of getting the right amount out with my stippling brush. Whatever it is, DO NOT just bang your brush in. Lightly dip some bristles. With 3.5g of product, this pot will last a lifetime, considering that the barest of amounts is used each time. I don't see myself ever finishing this.

The formulation of the cream is extremely creamy and soft in pan, especially in this Singapore heat. I live with my aircondition on, and it still does not solidify. Anything dents it. Because of its creaminess, it's a dream to blend. Super easy.


It is a very very very pigmented peachy pink colour with no shimmer. Natural as a name is quite apt I feel. 

Left:  me taking way to much product with my fingers
Middle: me trying to blend the rest of the product out aka heavy+blended application
Right: whatever was left after aka light+blended application.

Formulation dries to a semi matte finish with a sheen which I love. Done right, it really brightens the face up without looking oily, and no highlighter is needed because of its nice finish. Can be used under a regular powder blush to intensify colour. Not that I find the need to. 

I know I make this blush sound incredibly hard to use, but really it's very easy with a stippling brush. 


Here's me, just managing to get the barest of amount on my cheeks. Front view, the sheen of the blush is not obvious, but from the side, the blush catches the light. But since I don't like my side profile... You just have to trust me.

Wearing time is about 4-6 hours, not the best. I don't touch up my blush though, I find that even if it fades it'll still last a normal work day, so it works by me!

Summary:

Pros:

  • Super pigmented
  • Nice, natural colour
  • semi matte finish with a sheen
  • very creamy and blends easily
  • cheap

Cons:
  • Too pigmented makes it hard to use
  • does not last very long
  • flimsy cheap packaging



1 comment:

  1. Where did you buy this? Sephora doesn't carry Nyx's cream blushes!

    ReplyDelete