Monday, July 30, 2012

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation


The Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum is one hell of a raved foundation. I admit I was so stoked upon setting my hands upon it. I believe it was slightly more than SGD$30 for this foundation which is not cheap at all.

First things first, the foundation comes in a very nice lightweight glass bottle with a pump. Points for packaging and being sanitary. And...that is pretty much all the points I can give for this foundation.

I absolutely hate it.

First, THERE IS AN OVERWHELMING SMELL. My god. I'm okay with fragrance, but this, this is way over the top. It is actually quite a nice fruity, floral fragrance, but because there's just so much of it, it veers towards grandma's makeup's scent in a bad way. 


Singapore only seems to stock 4 colours, from 51 through 54. All of them seem like a nice neutral colour that would suit all skin tones. No. 53 suits my nc30 skin very well though it might seem a little too fair at first. My guess is partially because it's has next to no coverage. This would probably be a good foundation for those with already perfect skin who just want to even out skin tone, but for people like me who have plenty to cover, this is not for us.

Upon application, the healthy mix gel goes on very very smoothly, it almost feels like the MUFE HD foundation in terms of application. But that's about where the comparison ends. For me, this foundation sits on top of my face and never truly sets. It emphasizes any dry skin that I think I have properly moisturized. It doesn't do much for large pores either though I wouldn't say it emphasized them. It just didn't do anything. Also, at first, it seem like it does a decent job with lines, but by the time I'm done with my make up, the layer of healthy mix gel has creased at all my laugh lines! Major aggravated hate!!!!

When I apply more of the foundation, all it does is sink into lines faster and cakes up. If i scrunch my face while doing my make up, all the scrunch lines appear in the make up. It's just terrible, I really don't understand why it refuses to sink into my skin.

I've tried every way I can think of to put this foundation on. With a brush, a sponge, my fingers. Setting it doesn't seem to help either. I am never satisfied enough with this foundation to even wear it out of the house. Thus I can't say how long this foundation will last, though my opinion is, not long at all.

On the flip side, I guess the point of this foundation is to have it look like you're not wearing foundation at all. That is indeed true. The finish of this foundation looks like bare, well moisturized skin.

I'm not one with perfect skin, so this fails me on all counts, especially on coverage. I'm so disappointed that I feel almost cheated by all the rave reviews. But never give up hope! I will still be trying to find ways to use this, and the day that I have perfect skin, will be the day I'll use this. (cross fingers)


Summary:

Pros:

  • great packaging
  • finish looks like real skin

Cons:
  • sits on top of my skin
  • never sets
  • has no coverage
  • emphasizes dry skin that was previously moisturized
  • doesn't not do anything for pores
  • creases almost immediately


2 comments:

  1. I am NC25 what shade you think would work for me? 52 since it oxidizes or 53?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I think 53 would be an okay shade for NC25 because it's quite fair compared to the NC30 swatch I've photographed. I don't find that it oxidizes on me though, but even if it did, the coverage is quite minimal so it should not be too obvious.

      Delete