Sunday, July 22, 2012

H&M Lipbalm


I love Sweden. By that theory, I also love H&M. Well, not exactly, but I did shop almost exclusively at H&M and thrift stores in my time there. What can I say, I'm a cheapo, kinda. I brought over lip balm from Singapore, anticipating the cold and dry weather there, but of course, I have a serious memory problem and went on a little self excursion one day without my lipbalm - this self excursion being from Lund to Stockholm for a week. My lips were so sore they were literally crying for help, so I set out to look for the cheapest lip balm I could find. And what do you know, it was at H&M!

If I'm not wrong, it was 20SEK. That translates to about 4SGD. It has 17.6g of product in this beautiful metal tin. Just a quick comparison, a normal Nivea twist up balm has only 4.8g. That is nearly 4 times the amount of balm.

To be honest, I just picked it up because it smelt decent, was cheap, and looked cute and retro. I actually really do not like tin balms because imho, why dirty my fingers when applying balm? I don't even care that i'm dirtying the balm in the tin, it's really my fingers that are important.

Also, despite the tin being really cute, it is notoriously difficult to open. But the tin really is cute. A quick google search shows me many many more cute designs that are hard to resist.


This balm, when stored at room temperature (i.e. the 30 odd degrees that is Singapore's weather), melts into a really nice creamy waxy balm. It smells deliciously of mint, and is so thick that when applied to lips, actually can cover the lips up in an opaque white. Just be sure not to apply too much or it might end up sticky like a lip gloss.

I apply this before I start doing my makeup, and 15 mins later, my lips have absorbed the product (if lips can actually do that), and have less lines and looks smoother. If applied in the night before bed, it also stays on the entire night.

I didn't think that H&M could produce decent makeup products, but this lipbalm is what I find myself reaching for in the morning because it really is so moisturizing.


Summary:

Pros:

  • Super moisturizing and plumps up lips almost instantly
  • Has decent staying power
  • Nice minty fragrance and no taste
  • Really really cute tin!
Cons:
  • Comes in a tin
  • Tin is tough to open

2 comments:

  1. I'm not really fond of using lip gloss. Just more into lipstick. But I might try this as well. I might love it then. My lips sometimes crack. Grr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might help me with my cracking lips too. I just hope so. My cousin loves to apply white balm. I should let her see this. She might want to try this too.

    ReplyDelete