Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Weekly Favourites #2


I should really set a specific day to get these posts out :S Nonetheless, here's some... mid-week entertainment?

I've been trying out a new oil-free skin-care routine recently to try and reduce the number of comedones I have on my forehead (seriously, I've gotten my cheeks in order but my forehead is a serious bitch). I haven't been very successful, but I did get my hands on this La Roche Posay Hydraphase Intense Serum. According to the SA (she sure was enthusiastic) this was sure to clear up dry skin overnight. I love (and that's quite an understatement) the texture of this serum. It's like a water but infinitely more hydrating and not at all sticky unlike say, the Hada Labo Lotion which takes a moment to sink into the skin. This works extremely well provided you don't use drying medications on the skin..

See my dingy ring in the centre? This is neither skincare/makeup but I thought I'll just give it some lovin'. I've been loving simpler rings lately but my fat fingers can't pull off above-knuckle rings so this was just perfect. Also, +10 points for boyfriend's approval when I bought this!

I cannot get my head around how amazing the Urban Decay Chill Makeup Setting Spray is. Granted, my only experience with setting sprays is the Elf one, which only seem to make my face wet. But this UD setting spray works brilliantly as a primer and setting spray and I will NEVER EVER go out without it now. This made my makeup last a 7am to 10pm day, throughout an extremely hot and humid photoshoot of a house where I had to move furniture around, and still look presentable enough for a dinner. Best of all, when I got home at 10pm, my blush (cheap blush that usually wears off middday) was still on my cheeks, no touchups mind you. How incredible is that!!! I'm also glad I got the Chill version because I still felt like my face was not hydrated enough.

I cannot admit to how long I've been lusting after this Mac Paintpot in Nubile and I finally got it at the Estee Lauder Sale. I don't know if it's only visible to me, but I really like how these brighten up the lid and undereye/inner corner of eye without being as obvious as a white shadow or highlight. Super duper subtle, and long lasting to boot. I've been loving using this on its own all round the eye.

Saved the cutest for last! If I was a lip product fiend, I would've bought the entire collection purely based on packaging. But I'm not. This Tony Moly Petite Bunny Gloss Bars are on par with the Revlon Lip Butters and wayyyyy cheaper. Like SGD7 cheap. I love the minty smell and feel and the colour payoff is pretty darn decent. Glossier than the lip butters too! The different colours have different bunny expressions too it's just too darn cute. I highly recommend!

Have a great rest of the week everyone! And let me know of your favourites or if we share any favourites!



2 comments:

  1. Hello! Would just like to comment that I was so glad to see new posts from you! I forgot how I came across your blog, but I really enjoy your writing style and photos :)

    Hope you'll be posting more frequently!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment and encouragement! I hope to be posting more frequently too (:

      Delete