Thursday, June 27, 2013

Weekly Favourites #3


Halo happy thursday! I apologize I missed last week's favourites because I had just seen the dermatologist and could not use any of my own products on my face. I'm seeing encouraging results (NO MORE COMEDONES or actually maybe like 5 left but it's something!~~~) and I will blog about it if I'm happy with the experience.

Since I was not allowed to use any of my own skincare products, and also I haven't been out of my house (and pjs) much, I was really cracking my head as to what to write about. What you shall see here are not just just weekly favourites, but products that I tend to swing back to every once in a while.

On a side note, how cute is this case! It's got whales and polka dots! I can't even bear to use it, so I leave it around looking pretty.

This Collection 2000 Concealer of mine has been thrown around so much that the brand has completely rubbed off. I have shade 3 which doesn't nearly have enough yellow tones for me to use, but I love to use it under my eyes and in lighter areas of my face. It conceals, conceals, and conceals! I use it on top of the Bobbi Brown Peach corrector and it doesn't crease and doesn't look cakey and is just so easy to use. Just dab dab dab and blend it with a powder brush. This concealer has my favourite consistency of all time - it's not too watery (like the MAC Pro Longwear) and doesn't dry up too fast (MUFE Full Cover I'm looking at cha'), it's just creamy and easy like that. I wish I had a perfect shade to use all over my face.

The second BB cream that I've found that matches a nc30-35 skintone would be the Hada Labo BB Whitening Cream with SPF32. For some reason, until today I've always assumed this had SPF50. Yikes. Anyway, the colour of this BB cream is great. It is definitely yellow toned, not beige or pink or grey. It is of a rather thin consistency, making it really easy to blend all over the face. It's coverage properties are not ace like the KATE BB Cream, more of a light to medium coverage. For a brand famed for moisture properties, this didn't cut it for me in that department, but works well in conjunction with a moisturizer. I always go back to this when I don't want to use foundation because this is extremely lightweight on the skin and fast to use, oilier skinned people can even skip moisturizer with this!

I have an extreme love-hate relationship with the Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer. I love it because it's so extremely pigmented, but I also hate it because the shade I have is only perfect for my forehead, but just a smidgen too dark for the rest of my face such that it makes me look muddy!!! However, that's also a good thing because wearing this all over the face does feel rather heavy, and I don't find it to ever totally set (gets into my laugh lines). I have an intense load of scars on my forehead from the comedones, and this concealer/pigment/whatever you call it, is so creamy and pigmented it covers the scars so nicely. It is my only concealer that can cover those scars and I love it for that. It does not look as great on dry skin as it does catch onto flakes, but it is definitely a moisturizing concealer. This is probably the most pigmented concealer on the market.

This last item is a new favourite. I got the Etude House Juicy Pop Tube at a sale near the MRT one day. I think it must've been all of 3bucks. I thought that with the price and the looks of the tube that this would be one of those 90% transparent kind of glosses. Boy I was SO wrong. This goes on with quite an oomph! It is barely sticky and really does have a nice shine that makes lips look fuller. Cheapo in me is like SCORREEEEE!

So there you have it, the products that I usually use on my outdoor face. Let me know if you like the products too!

2 comments:

  1. Can I ask what shade you are in the Kevyn Aucoin SSE? :)

    xo runbarbierun.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm in between an nc30-35, the Kevyn Aucoin SSE I use is an sx10 I believe. But I use it mainly to conceal on my forehead where I'm slightly darker ie nc35.

      Delete