Monday, June 3, 2013

Weekly Favourites #1

Hello hello my happies! It's a great day as it's the first week that I have after officially concluding my working life and restarting my life as a full time student. I technically should have more than enough time to do at least weekly updates so get ready to see more of me on this blog.

My new project is to do at least a weekly favourites, though honestly, don't expect them to vary too much as I'm not that fickle a person. But I'll definitely try to change my items up.

Moving on ->

/edit. I think this post is rather long, I will cut down the number of items in my future weeklies. /edit.

I found this vintage (I use this word very loosely) clutch during one of my site visits for my dissertation. Honestly, you can find the best deals in HDB estates *wink. To cut a long story short, I saw it when I started my site look-a-round, lusted after it for about 2 hours, and then bought it for myself as a reward after I completed my visit. What sweetened the deal was the discount the auntie gave me. Been carrying this around ever since even though clutches are a ton more irritating than a sling bag. Fits all my shit too! It can fit my bigass long wallet, my iphone, an umbrella/waterbottle....love it!

This Kate Moss Velvet Hour perfume is another all time favourite of mine. I got it after I finished my La Perla and Chanel Chance and Paris Hilton (sense my desperation for a new perfume?) and I got it because I like my signature scent to be...uncommon. Velvet Hour takes some getting used to, and I find it a rather complex scent (I hope, my nose is rather unsophisticated). It starts of rather peppery spicy but that smell wears off into a rather awesome floral musk. This is definitely gonna be a repurchase of mine. I find the scent matches the clutch too. Bonus!

California Baby Aloe Vera Cream was a desperate purchase of mine when my forehead broke out insanely in comedones (I swear it was ALL OVER I must've had more than 50 on my forehead) and was crazy dry and flaking at the same time. I was going so mad over it because I felt so helpless. My forehead has been loving this - one application and it stopped all the crazy flaking! I was sold! Though there has been some controversy over the brand reformulating its ingredients, the formula doesn't seem to irritate my skin. It kinda also has been working wonders on the lines under my eyes...This whipped cream is like a cool soft, waxy balm that applies matte on the face. It's leaves a little of a waxy/oily thin protective layer which does not interfere with make up.

My one and only Revlon lip butter when I succumbed to the craze is in Tutti Frutti . I'm not a big fan of lip products as I just don't want that much make up on my face. I already smother enough make up on my face for my complexion. Recently though, I've been rather loving the ombre lip look and have been using this to stain the insides of my lips. The colour is a gorgeous coral and is not too extreme. It's gone by the first meal but honestly I don't really care.

Natural Collection Blush in Pink Cloud has been my go to blush for about half a year now and I've hardly made a dent. It's just the sweetest, subtle-lest, matte pink blush to put on the apples of the cheeks. It's not a unique colour, I'm sure, but the formulation has just the right amount of pigment and is not powdery or chalky and it's pretty darn cheap too at 3 pounds (if I recall correctly). It's the perfect hint of flushed are you not wearing blush colour for me.

My mom really likes the Dior Diorshow Extase Mascara and gifted me a sample to stop me from wearing too much eyeliner. She really likes it. This really coats my lashes and makes them fuller and longer without making them look fake like most drugstore mascaras do on my thin chinese lashes. The only downside is that I don't think this is a waterproof formula, rather a smudgeproof formula. For my oily eyes, it does transfer to my lower eyes sometimes so I cannot wear it on my lower lashes.

Lastly and finally, I've had this Estee Lauder CyberWhite Brilliant Cells BB Cream for quite a while but only recently dug it out. This pinky toned BB cream has pretty much no coverage but does a brilliant job at perking up skin tone. This BB cream really makes me aspire for perfect skin so that I can wear it on its own ): I like to apply this on the center of my face just as a nice brightening base. Then I don't apply foundation on my T zone. Sounds weird I know, but it does the job.

Have a great week ahead and let me know your favourites! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment