Sunday, April 1, 2012

longer larger eyes?

I've always had big eyes... and yes I know I shouldn't be one to complain, but I've always been quite annoyed when I could not draw them as how I wanted. There was always something "wrong" about them that I could not quite place my finger on. I realised it the other day! My eyes are very round!!!

So to remedy this, I went to my eyeliner and after experimenting, I realised it made a huge difference not only in the length of my eyes but the size as well. In the pictures, the effect may seem quite subtle but in real life it's very obvious.


Clockwise from top left:
- no lining
- how I usually line my eyes
- how I line my eyes now. I think it is quite a bit subtler, looking more like a shadow than a full blown ring of liner around the eyes
- how I usually line my eyes if I want them to look larger, ie lining all round my eyes. This is what makes my eyes look rounder if you can see. The lining is also very harsh and obvious, which is not very desirable


Here's how to do it:

1. Line top lid as per normal, this look works better if the line extends out from the eye. I don't like to flick my liner upwards, hence i just follow my eye line and extend the line almost parallel to the ground.

2. Take a dark brown eyeshadow (in my case I just used...my eyebrow pencil. it works!) and an angled brush and gently fill in the area that I've selected in the picture above. The effect should be very soft. If you would like to create a larger "flick" that wraps your eyeliner, go ahead. It would just make the look more dramatic. 


A better comparison with the new look on the left and old on the right. My eye doesn't look as round anymore but still big right? I sure hope so! Have a good weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. val! haha you know that you actually see more with bigger eyes, was sitting on the couch with bala ans realized she could see like 20% more ceiling !!

    ReplyDelete