Sunday, April 15, 2012

Mac Sheertone Blush - Breezy and Fleur Power

Before I start of today's post, I would first like to apologise for the 2 week break that I took. I have been insanely busy with my end of semester submission and paper. The good thing is that I'm done with all that now, and have plenty to say!

Today, we have 2 MAC sheertone blushes. The one on the left is Fleur Power, the right is Breezy. These are currently the only MAC blushes I own as I'm not really a huge fan of them. I used to own Springsheen but that fell and cracked the hell out of itself. Moving on....


Casing. Well, pretty typical. Snaps shut securely. Not flimsy. Just do not EVER ever drop these blushes. They crack on first drop which is heartrending, given how clumsy I am. Apart from that, I have no qualms. 


Fleur Power is a gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous matte pale peachy pink (pale at least on my nc30 colouring). The moment I saw it in the pan and swatched it I knew I had to have it. Breezy is quite a unique colour. It looks super duper plummy in the pan. When swatched it's a really nice purply-red(?)(I know this description sounds gross) with a nice sheen. 

Fleur Power swatches chalky. It is also a very sheer and light colour, and hence I don't feel it's very pigmented since I'm tan. This would show up nicely on fairer girls though.  Used with a brush, I also find it hard to buff evenly onto my cheeks. It always ends up patchy. However if I just press the brush into the pan and then pat the colour along my cheeks, then it ends us with a nice sheer wash of colour over the cheeks and is not chalky at all. It is my go-to daily blush for now because of its colour. 

Breezy on the other hand is a very pigmented colour suitable for tanner girls since it shows up easily. No matter, use this with a really light hand. I find that this colour seems more mature, and can be used as a contour colour when used along the hollows of the cheeks. I tend to like to use this on the outer parts of the face and light blended in, then topped up with a brighter colour just on the cheeks to look more youthful. 

Both colours only last about 4-5 hours on the face, hence they aren't my favourite blushes of all time. Breezy lasts slightly longer due to its stronger pigmentation.


Here's me with Breezy on the left (my right cheek) and Fleur Power on the right (my left cheek). I know I look quite ridiculous with 2 differently coloured cheeks but this is for a better comparison of the colours when worn. I also realised that my blush posts always look like I'm wearing the exact same blush in all of them. All in all, MAC sheertone blushes don't impress me very much, even though their colours are to die for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment