Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Hada Labo BB Whitening Cream SPF32 PA+++


I'm not really a BB cream fanatic what with the very pink/grey and usually limited shade range that comes with BB creams. I also find it rather hard to believe the many claims that come with the BB creams, though that doesn't mean that I've never been suckered into the purchase (quite silly, really). I definitely prefer a foundation or even a concealer over a BB cream but my silly skin, being very sensitive really doesn't like basically anything on my face. Hada Labo is a brand that I really like in terms of skincare, so when I saw that they had came up with a BB cream, I had to have it!


I found my tube in Taiwan - I don't believe Singapore has brought in the BB cream yet. My tube is really beat up, having been used for 9 months and thrown into just about everywhere, so be distracted by the fancy schmancy I did to the picture! The bottle itself is a squeeze tube of 45g of product. I really do wonder why asian products tend to use weight as a measure as compared to western products which use volume. Hmm. 

Though I do like squeezy tubes because it's easy to control the amount of product that comes out, I'm definitely not a fan of how messy it gets. The part in the cover where the nozzle fits constantly gets coated in product and that in turn gets all over the nozzle. Also, this is just about the most clinical and ugly packaging I have ever seen! Fugly!

L-R: MAC Studio Fix NC30, Hada Labo BB Whitening Cream in Shade 02
The product within though, is really lovely. I believe there are 2 shades, and this is the darker of the 2. It's just dark enough for my NC30 skin. It's also yellow toned, but not as yellow toned as the MAC foundations which allows it to match a variety of skin tones. 

It's more liquid than creamy in consistency, though not so liquid that it runs when put on the hand. I like that I can get a nice finish with just my fingers, but I prefer to stipple it in with the ELF powder brush because I get more coverage. Also, stippling helps me avoid the problem of having the BB cream cling to dry patches which can happen when applied with hands. As you can see in the 1st picture of this post, this product is a medium-high medium coverage and evens out skin tone beautifully. I've only used the BB cream on the picture on the right. No concealer I promise! I only have to use very minimal concealer after this BB cream which is just awesome in my book. It also manages to somehow blur my pores but yknow, might not happen for everyone. 

It applies so lightweight to the skin it's almost like applying a moisturizer! The finish is not matte, but more of a very slightly dewy finish which is really nice! Because it's so light, it also doesn't collect in any fine lines. 

Finished face, with just a little concealer
Use this for 5 or 10min routine days because it has SPF32! Definitely able to skip the sunscreen step. Hada Labo being a brand famed for hydration, I would not say that this BB cream gives oil control as I usually have to blot after about 3-4 hours, but it can last a full work day without completely disappearing off my skin, even with my oily skin. Of course, don't get your expectations too high because flaws will definitely show through by the end of the work day. This probably looks good only for 6 hours - so please bust out your concealer after that! Dry skinned girls would really like this as it's definitely one of the more hydrating bases out there. Lastly, the whitening claims....MEH. This is definitely a base product, not skin care.


Summary:

Pros:

  • Has high enough SPF to skip sunscreen
  • Medium - high medium coverage
  • Blurs out imperfections
  • Hydrating and doesn't get stuck in fine lines
  • Extremely lightweight on the skin
  • Has shade dark enough for NC30 skin!
  • Shade is yellow based, not pink or grey
  • Has never broken me out
Cons:
  • No oil control
  • Clings to dry patches when applied with hands
  • Not very long wearing


Conclusion: The Hada Labo BB Whitening Cream is ideal for rush days, such as a school day make up routine. At least that's what I use it mostly for since my school days don't last too long. I also used it frequently when I worked a proper work day (9-6) but that was because I did touch up with concealer before I headed home. This gets an A from me because it's fuss free, very high coverage (for a BB cream) and does not feel like makeup!

No comments:

Post a Comment