Saturday, September 21, 2013

Weekly Favourites #10


I'm always on the look out for a good moisturizer, and was looking for a sample sized tub of the Origins Ginzeng Moisturizer, but by some chance of fate, ended up with both the Clinique Moisture Surge and this Kitoko Kalani Super Aqua Gel. This came highly recommended by the sales lady complete with a story of a holidaying Taiwanese family purchasing 2 tubes and returning to purchase 6 tubes. I was sold and now I'm in love. This comes out a gel and disappears into water droplets, leaving the face moisturized yet looking quite matte. It literally does not feel like anything on the skin once absorbed and leaves my skin moisturized. When I use it before bed, my skin is not a bit oily in the morning and that's how I know the moisture content in this gel is ace!

I've dug out the Marks & Spencer Lip and Cheek Tint in Coral from my stash and it's become quite a go to as a cream blush. I much prefer a pure cream formulation over a cream to powder as my skin texture isn't the best. Don't be fooled by the pigmentation in the pan - this goes on beautifully and blends into a subtle flush that catches the light due to the glossy formula. This is more raspberry than coral (as per its name) and I can see it working well with all skin tones. It has really been a saviour for stipple and run days.

 I've been reading so much online about the Clinique Chubby Sticks for eyes in Burnished Gold (see what I mean here) and have been lusting for such a colour. Not being prepared to fork out $$$, I decided to get creative with what I had. Layering Retrospeck (gold shade) in the Mac Eyeshadow Duo in Culturalized on top of the Maybelling 24HR Color Tattoo in Permanent Taupe does the trick. The result is what I can best describe as a dirty gold colour and it is (if I may say so myself) gorgeous! And it just lasts and lasts because that's just what the colour tattoos do! Great for nights out about and just in time for the weekend eh?

Do you like anything you see here? Let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment