Saturday, September 28, 2013

Weekly Favourites #11


How's the weekend going for everyone? Mine is taking a chill pill right before stress sets in, yknow, like the calm before the storm. What I've been finding extremely calming to use is the Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser. This cream is really serious cleansing business, I like to put it on quite thick and massage it into the skin for about 5 minutes, then take it off. Though it does get on my nerves because it does not emulsify with water and leaves an oily film on my face (I deal with that by using an extra gentle cleanser), it really does miracles at getting rid of blackheads and sebum plugs. My nose, an incurable sea of sebum plugs that resurface the moment I get rid of them, is almost poreless after using this. My face feels incredibly bump free after cleansing with the cold cream. I also like to use that 5mins as sort of a mind-clearing 5mins when I just have the massage on my mind. Am I crazy?

The NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard is probably one of the harder to find concealers in Singapore, plus it was sold out for the longest time and I finally got my hands on it after being on the wait list. Yeah baby! This baby has a tacky consistency when applied but works beautifully with high coverage when stippled out and lasts and lasts. My face loves this and I'm down to a spot conceal and powder routine! My concealer and I are definitely in a serious relationship here.

The powder of choice to pull things together is the Palgantong Make-up Theatrical Powder in Original Beige. Now that my skin is properly hydrated, powder goes on just that bit nicer and the Theatrical powder is a extremely fine powder that subtly brightens up the face without making me a cake face (this just reminds me of Steve Aoki throwing cake into the audience during his F1 set haha).

Now, no look is ever complete without the right nail polish and fickle-minded me is always in a cyclical matte or glossy bind. Essie's Matte About You gives me a choice to have any matte colour I want and I can't ever see myself ever being without Seche Vite's Dry Fast Top Coat and have no idea how I ever lived without it before. A matte burgundy/oxblood nail is going to be my next polish pick.


Of course, to bring attention to your nails you gotta have arm candy and this right here, is the best DIY of the moment (though I may be a little slow with fashion trends). I actually made my bolt bracelet quite a long while ago (it only cost me $4 and I have leftover bolts to make something else) but have only been putting it on recently. This bracelet is serious street cred imo, and don't DIYs just make you so proud of your handiwork? The white cord tends to get grubby fast though, so I recommend a darker string.

Lastly... I cannot stop listening to The Fox, but this parody here makes me laugh just about everyday now.


No comments:

Post a Comment