Saturday, September 14, 2013

Sweet Lips - NYC 16H Smoochproof Lip Stain & GOSH Long Lasting Lip Marker


These are the mainstay products I have for a daily makeup routine. Let me go through it step by step.

Face base: The Hada Labo BB Cream has rather decent coverage on its on and with SPF30 is great for a base that protects, hydrates and evens out skintone. Remember concealer face? I've managed to whittle it down to just the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer and I'm really excited about it because that means that my acne scarring is toning down! 

Cheeks: I did a really stupid thing the other night. I tried to epilate my face myself. (hides away in a dungeon of shame). Confession - I have a rather hairy face which I am not proud of but I haven't been to to get my face threaded for a rather long while. My hairs are not that visible but they bug me anyway ): Anyway, long story short, I am considerably less hairy but I managed to irritate the tops of my cheekbones and they've turned red, like a sunburn. Now I have to try to blend it in with my blush, that's why my blush seems so high. I used the Natural Collection Blush in Pink Cloud on the cheeks under my eyes to draw the blush down. I really like this blush as it's matte and the colour is so subtle it looks like natural skin.

Eyebrows: I stick to pencils when I'm rushing for time as it's just that much easier to control. This Maybelline Eyestudio Brow Pencil is the perfect grey-brown for soft brows. 

Eyes: Raved about the Essence Liquid Ink Eyeliner before here. It's such an intense black and works really well whether drawing a fine small line or an obvious cateye like I've done. The Diorshow Extase Mascara is my choice of mascara for really long, defined separated eyelashes that still look natural. Did I mention long? These make lashes so long.

Lips: Mentioned the NYC 16H Smoochproof Lip Stain and the GOSH Long Lasting Lip Marker in this week's favourites and thought I should showcase them. I used them in this look for a subtle ombre look and I quite like how they work together. 


Both are felt tip markers and leave a stain on the lips. The NYC is in Persistent Pink, looks really neon but comes out much more subtle on the lips. It probably would not show on more pigmented lips but on mine, it ups the pink factor of the lips. The GOSH stain I have is in Berry which is a berry red (excellent description eh!) that looks exactly like a cherry stain. 

NYC has a faint scent that smells like cherries and apples (and chemicals) mixed together and GOSH has a very strong cherry smell which I love. Both taste sweet on the lips which is so amazing! I know I should not be ingesting my chemical lip products but I cannot help it. Wearing these feels like I rubbed cherries on my lips and left the juice all over. Yummy!



Bigass picture of my crackly lips to show the ombre. I used the NYC Persistent Pink all over with GOSH's Berry in the centre. As you can see, Persistent Pink does not really show up on the browner edges of my top lip. Since I'm not a fan of lipsticks, my favourite part about the lip markers are that they don't change the natural texture/finish of the lips. Though they might be drying, I'd much rather top up with a balm than use a lipstick.

Obviously, these last a very short time on me because I lick my lips like crazy when I have this on (I might just have an addiction) but even so, I don't think the lasting power is that great. They could probably last you through a drink but not a full blown meal.



Summary:

Pros:

  • Tastes like sugar heaven!
  • Smells like fruit heaven!
  • Doesn't change lip finish - only stains lips to a nicer colour
  • Marker like and very easy to use
Cons:
  • Ingesting the chemicals due to excessive lip-licking probably isn't too good
  • Stain does not last too long
  • Can be drying



These get an A from me as a lipstick noob. What do you guys think? Are stains the way to go or do you still prefer lipsticks? Have an awesome weekend lovelies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment