Friday, September 6, 2013

Weekly Favourites #8


Hello lovelies! How's the week been treating you? I've had a rather breakthrough week with some of my products and I'm super excited to share with you how I use them.

I've had the Renew Rose Hip Oil for a rather long time. I've used it on and off, always put off by how my skin could not fully absorb the oil. I absolutely detested the oily film it left on my face no matter how long I left it on to sink in. However, I recently dug it up to give it another whirl. This time, on a rather sturdy cotton pad, I put quite a good bit of hyaluronic acid toner (I use the Naris Up Hyaluronic Skin Conditioner) and then 2 drops of rose hip oil, then swipe it all over my face. I find this method allows the mix to fully absorb into my skin and leaves it completely moisturized and plump. My skin seems to be healing more quickly too (might be a placebo effect) and I'm really loving it!

Ah Mac Pro Longwear Concealer... we have a serious love-hate relationship. I could never quite like the texture of the concealer and found it too watery and thin, affecting the coverage that it gave. However, since most of my scarring has gotten slightly lighter and I've gotten fairer, the coverage of this concealer is perfect. It works best with a flat powder brush or stippling brush, rather than fingers (that was my mistake) for higher coverage. It layers rather well, to a maxium of 2-3 layers before it starts to cake, enough to blur out the most obvious imperfections. Most days now I just use this concealer with powder and I've really got the 5 minute face routine down pat. -smug face-

Has anyone ever finished an entire tube of lip balm before it gets lost or purchasing a new one? I have to admit that I lose lipbalms like I shed hair (okay, that might be TMI). However, they more or less do turn up when I clear out my bags. The Maybelline Baby Lips in Smoothing Cherry turned up the other day. It's colourless and massively emollient. It might be odd but I adore the artificial cherry smell (don't judge me). I don't find the moisturizing effects last but the short term effect is just great. Doesn't help that the colour combination of the tube is so adorable.

A repeat favourite! I've been experimenting with the Maybelline Magnum Volum' Express Ultra Comb and testing it to its limits and so far I have not been disappointed. This works well in a single layer (or 2) for the nicest, barely accentuated lashes. I am a sucker for a natural looking lash. I also tried layering this mascara wet, and after 3 layers or so, I got the most incredible volume and length, almost like I was wearing false lashes. The only problem is that the extended portion of lashes tend to droop if I wear the mascara for too long, but since I seldom wear mascara for such extended periods, it's perfect!

A friend once told me, girls are attracted to all things sparkly (upon looking at a Swarovski crystal display case and oohing and aahing) and I could not agree more. I just had to share this H&M ring. It's a blue, green, purple, gold sparkly glittery orgasm in a ring. I am obsessed. At SGD$6.90, it's the perfect pick me up for the day (or week if you must).

Hava great friday night everyone! I'm going to be tucked away at home performing magic on my dissertation. Wish me luck! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment