Sunday, September 15, 2013

(Mostly) Budget Haul!



Just thought I should do a little haul post to keep track of my spending. I seem to have an awful habit of losing track where my $$$ goes. This haul is a knick-knack/beauty haul because there are some really good steals here and they need to be shared!!!

Lovisa is currently having a sale where they have racks upon racks of rings going at 3 for $12. I got myself.... 7 rings for that $12 by searching for the lovely rings that come in a set of 3. I originally thought that the ring that looks tarnished and oil stained was a set of 3 as well (that meant 10 rings for $12!!!) but they're connected by hinges. Aren't they just lovely? This is a score in my book!

The sparkly ring that is never in focus was a orgasm-in-a-ring buy from H&M at $6.50 and I've mentioned it before in my weekly favourites.

I also made a trip to Daiso just for kicks (post meal exercise actually) and got the notebook that all the rings are currently on. I cannot get over the print, it is too incredible. The inside of the notebook is lined, and has different coloured tabs for organisation. The Cath Kidson type print that is functioning as the base for all these photographs was also a Daiso buy. It's actually a plastic place-mat with frilled edges but I thought the print was not to be passed up. 


One can really find just about anything at Daiso, it is sheer heaven. At $2 a pop, it sure doesn't hurt the pocket! These iron on knee/elbow patches in a denim material got me squealing like a small kid and getting a few stares. I believe these are all you need to spruce up an out of style pullover or sweater! I wanted to get all the different colours (they had dark blue denim, black denim, and a grey colour if I'm not wrong) but I needed to have some self control.

My hotspots for beauty shopping are Watsons and Venus - simply because Watsons has constant sales and Venus undercuts Watsons on most items when Watsons is not having a sale. From Watsons, I picked up the Maybelline Pure Mineral Concealer, Revlon Lip Butter, Essence nail polish and Sukin Moisturize Restore Night Cream.

Essence's display in Watsons is a display I will always check out if I stumble upon it as they're few and rare. I love checking out their collection nail polishes, but this polish in 'the boy next door' is part of their permanent collection. I think their nail polishes retail around $2.90 - 3.90 and though not the most long-lasting, are good quality for the price. This colour is a really nice cobalt blue colour but has a pastel edge that I wish it didn't have. 

I could've gotten the Maybelline Pure Mineral Concealer on sale for something like $9... but I bought mine full priced at $15. It's a relatively good and versatile concealer and well worth $9. How stupid. Learn from my mistake and always, always wait for a Watson's sale. At the rate they come up, you probably don't have to wait long.

When the sale did roll around, I picked up the Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake. I really like the formulation of these lip butters, more so than the balm stains. This is probably the most perfect pink I have and I highly recommend the colour. 


Also on sale was the Sukin Moisture Restoring Night Cream. I believe it was around $25 on sale, not the cheapest but this is a HUGE jar. The cream is quite dense and rich and smells so heavenly. It's has a citrusy type scent mixed in. Unfortunately I'm trying to keep most oils away from my face, so I haven't really tried this out yet but the ingredient list (all natural no nasties!) really does look amazing and I can't wait to try it out. 

From Venus I purchased the Mizon Push Out Volcanic Gommage and Kracie Naive Natural Deep Cleaning Oil. Venus can be found at Clementi Central or People's Park Hawker Centre (2nd floor I think).

The Mizon Push Out Volcanic Gommage is a clay-based mask which works rather well in removing excess sebum without drying the face out too much. It would be a close 2nd to my HG Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask if it did not smell and feel like wood putty. This retailed for $10 at Venus.


I keep the Kracie Naive Deep Cleansing Oil as part of my cleansing oil rotation as it is one of the cheapest I can find at $8-9 (depends on where you go). I much prefer the orange scented one to this olive one, but this olive cleansing oil was 50% off at the People's Park outlet - bringing the price down to $4.90. This works just as well as the cleansing oils from Hada Labo and Aqualabel in my opinion, but it does feel much thinner in consistency and the smell isn't much to my liking.

Lastly, when I placed an order for some supplements on iherb.com, I came across this Morningstar Minerals Derma Boos Rejuvenating Spring Mist. It's supposedly full of minerals, has fulvic acid in it etc. etc. I don't know the full details, but the reviews for more even toned and tightened skin, less achy muscles had me sold. I have not noticed visible improvement on the skin but I do like it as part of my routine for the extra hydration boost.

I hope this post has some bargains that appeal to the cheapo soul within you! Let me know if anyone enjoys reading bargain posts like this because the consumerist in me sure likes a good bargain!



No comments:

Post a Comment