Saturday, September 21, 2013

Weekly Favourites #10 Face


I am quite in love with the eyeshadow combi I mentioned in my weekly favourites, so I thought it deserved a post of its own!


L-R: MAC Eyeshadow Duo in Culturalized (Brule and Retrospeck), Layered Retrospeck over Permanent Taupe, Maybelline 24HR Colour Tattoo in Permanent Taupe, Marks and Spencer's Cheek and Lip Tint in Coral


The M&S Lip and Cheek Tint in Coral does go on quite a scary colour, but fret not it blends out incredibly well! Pardon the hair, I just got it cut yesterday and haven't quite figured out how to work with it - really wish I had fine, tame hair!



I had quite a bit of a problem trying to wear Permanent Taupe on its own - I think it was just a tinge too cool in colour for me. I did quite like Retrospeck in the MAC duo but it does lean quite brassy rather than gold. Layering the 2 colours really warms the taupe up and gives it great depth, even as a single shade all over the lid. Best of all, you could up the intensity of the gold on the center of the lid for even more dimension! Load up the mascara (or in my stingy eyelashes cases, falsies) and there you have it - smokey eye done!

What do you think? Is this colour something you would wear?

No comments:

Post a Comment