Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Brought VS Actually Used



I'm back from Bangkok and well shopped out. Nope, no beauty haulin' but I thought it would be interesting to let you know what I had on my face in crazy 35 degree celsius weather. I was sorely tempted to go barefaced (since no one knows me any way and it was incredibly hot and humid) but my pride stopped me. I also thought that I had managed to pack rather lightly but who knew, I managed to use even less than I had packed. So here you go - 35 degree proof makeup. 


_________________________________________________


What I Actually Used:

Bourjois Happy Light Base Serum Matite - I don't own any other primers and I couldn't bring my Urban Decay Sprays because I went on a budget airline and did not purchase check in luggage. This really surprised me and did indeed keep my face matte for a good 7 hours. My mom (yes, this was a mother daughter trip, sweet right?) was blotting away and I there I was with not a hint of shine. Whoop! Don't fancy the scent though. 

Hada Labo BB Whitening Cream SPF 32 PA+++ - I had forgotten just how much I love this. I stole my mom's La Roche Posay SPF50 Sunscreen, but in any case, the built in SPF 32 PA+++ is still brilliant. This BB cream's liquidy consistency is so light on the skin it's almost like a serum in my opinion. I just don't feel it at all, which is brilliant for weather where you don't want anything on your skin. 

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - I brought this because it's on the ends of its life and I wanted to finish it up(sad face). I'm scarface galore and this amped up the BB Cream coverage very well indeed. Definitely a repurchase somewhere in the future.

Maybelline Dream Matte Powder - I've been using this powder for years now. In fact, this is my 2nd compact and I've hit pan already. And just in case you think I alternate this with other powders, I actually don't. That's just how long it lasts. Finely milled and virtually undetectable on the face, I also attribute my 7 hour shine free face to this powder.

Too Faced Papa Don't Peach Blush - One of the longest lasting blushes and pigmented blushes I own. This peachy blush with a gold sheen is something that would suit pretty much everybody and hangs around all day. It really lifts and slims my face (oddly) and it's my default blush when I don't know what to wear.

The Face Shop Eyebrow Designing Kit - Perfect ashy colour for dark hair. I see no need to switch out.

Star Lash Gel Eyeliner - Testing this eyeliner and I'm happy to say that it's passed the test. Just be sure to apply on dry eyelids (best if powdered) because oil does cause it to transfer. It applies marvellously on the waterline/tightline and lasts all day. When I remove my makeup with an oil cleanser in the night and massage my eyes, the area turns black - that's how I know it's still there in my tightline. Amazing stuff!


_________________________________________________


Excess That Was Brought:

The Balm Time Balm Foundation - Brought this because I thought I might want something that keeps me matte and yet still have coverage. Turns out the concealer did the job and I had no reason to use this.

Natural Collection Blush in Pink Cloud - A peachy shade is just more attractive than pink in hot weather? Also did not want a completely matte face.

Sleek Face Form in Light (highlight & contour shade) - Highlight and contour slipping around my face? No. thank. you. not. taking. that. risk.

MAC Eyeshadow in Naked Lunch - Too. hot. to. want. more. makeup. on. my. face.

MUA Undressed Eyeshadow Palette (2 shades) - Ditto.


_________________________________________________


A minimal routine is really the most attractive in such hot and humid weather. I would not want to be worried about having my makeup slipping and sliding when I could be doing "more important" things (like shopping hoho). I think the extras would've come in useful if I had to go to a fine dining restaurant (chances were low considering I only packed slippers) or if I had gone with friends and we wanted to head out to bars/clubs. No lip products because... it's Bangkok and I'm eating pretty much all the time! Also, one more tip - the more products you can apply with a sponge/fingers, the more hygienic (you can wash your sponges/hands faster than a brush) it is!

It is a relief to be back to raining and somewhat cool Singapore - that's how hot bangkok was! What do you guys usually pack on trips? Let me know - I have another trip planned for a few months down the road so that would be really helpful!

2 comments:

  1. Love the products that you have used. I have heard most them and many have lots them too. I myself have tried the Maybelline matte powder and I love it too, its my second one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them! Yup I hope they never ever discontinue the powder though my hands are itching to try the innisfree no sebum compact now haha

      Delete