Sunday, May 18, 2014

Olfactory Oomph


I like to start and end my days with pleasant smells - an energetic scent in the day time for to wake me up, and a relaxing scent at night to ease into bed. I'm not one of those people who are content with an all fragrance free routine (apologies for those with skin sensitive to fragrance) and fragrances just make the entire skin routine more interesting and experiential.

I like to start my day with the Mad Hippie Antioxidant Facial Oil. This luxurious oil's first ingredient is Argan oil, and is a medium consistency oil that applies very smoothly on the skin. It does take a short moment to absorb and leaves the skin very soft and smooth. My absolute favourite bit about this oil is that it smells like oranges! And not in the tangy, sour way, but the best word to describe it would be deep. It's a deep, sweet orange scent that has just enough zest in it to be energetic and mood lifting. Definitely a great start to the day!

In the nights, I like to top off my skincare with the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate. Let me just put it out there that I do not like the smell of lavender and the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate's main scent lavender. I find that there's just enough scent of "others" to layer the lavender to make it pleasing to the nose. It does take some getting used to, but once you get used to the smell, it is an extremely calming experience to rub the oil into the palms and take a deep breath of it before pressing your palms to the face. To top the experience off, this oil is not the least bit oily feeling (feels like a dry oil) and you get to wake up to softer skin in the morning.

I'll be honest here, I don't use the Sukin Moisture Night Restoring Cream on my face. I use it on my body and as a hand cream because the scent is divine. If there was a perfume of this I would definitely buy it. I bought it expecting it to have the nutty scent of rosehip oil, but I was greeted by this amazing complex scent. It's definitely citrus, but it almost has a vanilla to it. I have absolutely no idea what it is that I'm smelling, just that it smells like it belongs in a high-end spa. The texture is also beautiful - a whipped cream that soaks right into the skin with no greasy leftovers.

Now I can sleep like a baby cocooned in scents. What are the products that add an olfactory oomph to your routine? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment