Tuesday, May 6, 2014

CELEBRATORY HAUL!


Hello folks!!!! I would like to say that I am officially back! I have had my thesis presentation and fingers crossed I will be able to have my commencement in july! Since all went well, I wanted to come back with a celebratory haul :D

Ok this is not so much a celebratory haul as much as a collective stress haul. Y'know, stress shopping is the worst (or best). Anyway, I went a little base crazy as you can see but I'm so happy about it! As you can see, I have all my bases covered. heh heh.

Mini review time - do people like mini reviews?

Laneige BB Cushion in Brown Beige - I snapped this up as it seemed it would be a good match for my nc30-35 skin. It's still slightly too light, but it's been a refreshing change using the BB cushion as it has spf50 built in. The strange thing about this base is that though the coverage is not high, it seems to reflect light in such a way that imperfections disappear. I noticed that my imperfections reappeared when I powdered, it was the strangest thing. Also, very very very strong scent that does not dissipate.

Guerlain Meteorites in Teint Beige 02 - When the SA tried this on me in Sephora I literally got a shock. My face looked perfectly poreless and smooth and I fell for this hook, line and sinker. I can't seem to recreate that effect at home though. It's baffling. Any hints?

Canmake Glow Fleur Cheek in 04 - Perfect peachy blush with a glow, not glitter like most of the other Canmake blushes. Only niggling detail is that it's so beautiful I can't bear to swirl my brush in it and spoil the flower pattern.

Elf Baked Blush in Peachy Cheeky - Looks very pretty in the pan, absolutely love the thin packaging though it can be tough to open. Not quite pigmented enough for my liking though.

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Full Coverage Foundation in Light-Medium Honey - This foundation has a peachy undertone which is not the exact undertone for me but close enough. Gives a really nice finish that leans more matte and very good coverage. I like to mix this in with a creamier foundation.

Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation in 143 - My newest foundation purchase! Also, most expensive foundation I've ever owned. Haven't really played around much with this, so far, my only impression is that it's a very watery foundation that clings nicely to the skin. Leans more tinted moisturizer finish than foundation finish.

Bare Minerals Original Foundation in Fairly Light and Medium Beige - Was wrongly matched in sephora, so I purchased a smaller size in the correct shade. Haven't really worn this out much as my powder cravings come and go really quick. So far, the powder seems to give a reflective sheen almost like sunscreen.

Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Light Medium - My most favourite purchase of the lot! This shade has peach undertones like the Bobbi Brown Peach Corrector and really cancels out my dark circles! Press this in with a dry sponge and it doesn't emphasize any flakiness, also is true to its name and does not crease on me! Perfection!

Clio Lipnicure in 7 Tension Red - I bought this to play with because I'm not the type that wears any lipstick/gloss at all. Partially because I hate lipstick fading. Anyway, aside from the absolutely terrible powder scent this has (and trust me it lingers and you won't want to taste powder in your mouth), the staying power blows.my.mind. Even with a cleansing oil it was tough to remove. I also had a swatch of this on my hand and it lasted something like 5 days. This is some powerful shit.

Essie Nail Polishes in Borrowed & Blue and Absolutely Shore -  I adore these colours. The blue goes on perfectly and is a 2 coater. The green is almost like a very muted lime and mint green mixed together. In some light it looks grey even and I LOVE IT. The only problem is this tends to go on streaky and is something like a 3 or even 4 coater. The best way to apply is to alternate it with layers of seche vite.


Let me know if you enjoyed my mini reviews and have a good tuesday! I definitely missed writing and it feels good to be back. xx

2 comments:

  1. yay i'm so happy to see new posts from you!! :)

    ReplyDelete