Thursday, May 15, 2014

Oops! I (popped a pimple) Did It Again


All through my adolescent, pubescent years, I've been told that I would some day grow out of my acne. Let me tell you, those bitches be lying. At least for the very unlucky few of us, that is. Though I seldom get a throbbing pus filled pimple nowadays, I have been trained by years and years of re-occurring acneface and itchy fingers. I have the recovery method pretty much perfected.

First step upon discovery of pimple, especially if it has no head. Not tea tree oil (I find that just dries out the area like crazy and makes my pimple look like a scab with a pimple underneath, not a pleasant sight), not benzoyl peroxide, but simply to slap a clay mask on it. My favourites are the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask and the Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask. Leave this on for as long as you can and it will bring the pimple to a head. If you're lucky, the pimple will just disappear on its on.

When the pimple pops very satisfyingly, cleanse/disinfect area and put some salicylic acid on. My go-tos are the Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid and the Stridex Maximum Strength Pads. Important -  Don't put anything on after the salicylic acid for about 20-30min because the salicylic acid requires the correct PH to work and you don't want to change that by applying anything else. The salicylic acid is supposed to eat up the oil inside the pore and cleanse the inside of the pore.

This step is optional, but it speeds the healing process up by days. Nexcare acne patches are my superstar. Put a Nexcare patch on top of the pimple and it acts like a vacuum and absorbs all the nastynasty out. It's a little yellow translucent sticker, and when it's sucked out all the junk, the centre of it turns an opaque white colour. Strangely satisfying to see. Pimple will be clean and flat and proceed to turn into a scab in the day.

To speed up the healing process, either a healing oil like Tamanu Oil or simple Aloe Vera Gel (better if fresh from the leaf if you're lucky enough to possess a plant) applied twice daily.

Avada Kedavra Pimple. There you have it, pimple vanquishing in a single night, and ready to face the weekend. 

7 comments:

  1. Hi there, may i know where did you get the Paula's Choice bha liquid from?? tia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello! i got the paula's choice bha liquid long ago when paula's choice had a singapore website. now i believe their main website does international shipping!

      Delete
  2. I have tried the Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask and I may say that its an amazing product. I have tried it and it really help with my pimples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally agree with you! wish it weren't that expensive though T_T

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing your own pimple remedy. I totally agree with the benzoyl peroxide and tea tree oil making your skin dry, I'll try your advice on masks and other recommended products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I really hope it works out for you! (: I really highly recommend trying the acne patches especially on popped pimples. Even without all the other treatments, it should still work it's magic!

      Delete
  4. Great pimple remedy and thanks for sharing them. Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask really helped and thanks for the Aloe Vera tip for faster recovery.

    ReplyDelete