Friday, May 9, 2014

Weekly Favourites #16


My skin is extremely tiresome. I feel like ever since I visited my derm for my acne about a year ago (mixed results with that), the skin on my forehead has never quite been the same. By that I mean that I have scaly looking skin on my previously smooth forehead. No matter how much hydration and moisture/oil I've fed it, the skin has never been able to repair itself. So I've just about had it up to here and decided to ditch all products except to cleanse, exfoliate, mask and seal to see how it all goes.

The Dr. Morita Repair Essence Ultra Slim Facial Mask is the top dog of my routine right now. I've been using this daily at night and boy do I maximise my usage of each mask. Not exactly advisable to those of you with normal skin, but I actually leave this mask on until it's dried out and sticking to my skin. My skin loves it and drinks it all up. When I remove it, the skin of my previously scaly forehead is perfectly smooth, my face is brighter and more even toned. This is really one of those masks where results are visible. Though I can't say that the results are permanent, I do feel that prolonged usage would aid in making those results a permanent fixture. Oh and p.s. for those who have a squirmy stomache, this mask is not for you because it's based on snail essence.

Alpha H Liquid Gold is another instant results type of product. About an hour after the first time I used it, both my boyfriend and my dad commented my skin looked better. Though granted, my boyfriend could only see me through skype (which may or may not make it more impressive because of the poor resolution). I looked in the mirror and saw that my pores were gone. I find results best when used alone (as per the instructions) and don't be tempted to use it everyday because there really is diminishing returns. I use it more as a pick me up nowadays. Impressive, impressive. 

The konjac sponge is not an everyday fixture in my routine, but I have really been enjoying using it during my nightly cleanse/morning splash for an added bit of exfoliation. I love the spongey soft texture on my face, and don't be fooled by it's texture - it really gives an oomph in the exfoliation department. I also find my skin more moisturized after using this when I wash.

I recently picked up the Star Lash Gel Eyeliner in the pursuit of finding the perfect eyeliner. The packaging is not fancy, but if this eyeliner was just ever so slightly creamier, it would be my HG. But close enough, it's extremely black, extremely waterproof, extremely long lasting even in the waterline/tightline and barely smudges on me with my crazy oily lids. I only wish it tugged less going on like the Rimmel Scandaleyes (this one is sooooo creamy but also smudges like kerayzee on me). Also very pocket friendly at SGD14.90. Quite a winner!

Have a great weekend everyone! Do share with me if we have the same favourites or let me know your recommendations! 

No comments:

Post a Comment