Wednesday, October 16, 2013

5 Product Face


Seeing as how I've raved so much about the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer, I thought this would be the perfect time to show how I do my face now. 5 products in under 10 mins (under 5mins if you don't have as much to conceal as I do), to look alive (that's just in my case) and glowing.

First I tackle the darkness under my eyes with the Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener in Light to Medium Peach because that just makes concealing a whole lot less painful. The great thing about the Tinted Eye Brightener as compared to the Bobbi Brown Corrector is that the Eye Brightener is a very thin liquid which is perfect for layering.

Then I attack my undereye circles with a swipe of the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard, dot all my blemishes and scars and go in with a flat top powder brush to stipple and blend. Under my eyes I use my finger because this concealer just blends better with fingers. I then go over any remnant visible scarring with another layer of concealer and blend those with my fingers.

Following my mom's example of never leaving the house without eyebrows (good advice from her), I do my brows with my trusty The Faceshop Eyebrow Kit (can't remember the name it completely rubbed off) which has the most perfect ashy brown-grey and with the same angled brush I add some of that darker shade to the outer edge of my eyes to add some definition.

A sweep (or many) of the Collection2000 Shimmershades in Blushalicious (I tend to avoid the darkest pink) on the cheeks, and an additional swipe of the lightest shade of pink for highlights on the cheeks and I look healthy again instead of just alive. If I feel like it I also use the same highlight shade on my eyes.

Curl lashes (or not, if I don't have time) and a single coat of Majolica Majorca's Lash King gives the most natural but still long lashes and I grab my bag and am out the door! If I know it's gonna be a long day then I'll set my make up with the Urban Decay Chill Setting Spray.


Here's the finished look! It takes me about 10 minutes or less. What do you think? Do you have a 5 product face and what are your 5 products? I would love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment