Friday, October 4, 2013

Weekly Favourites #12


Does anyone else have the problem of blogger auto contrasting and sharpening their uploaded photos? Blogger seems to be doing that to me and I don't know how to stop it! -Tears hair out- I swear, my photos are much softer than seen on this blog ):

Anyway, TGIF friends! It's been a rather stressful week, and the Nip + Fab Pistachio Sundae Dry Skin Fix Body Butter (that's a mouthful) has been my sleep scent this week. This is such a wonderful, homely and comforting scent and really helps me to sleep happy. Some might find the scent extremely strong and artificial because no kidding, this is one heck of a strong overwhelming scent, but I find the scent to dry down to a yummy scent, and I take whiffs of it whenever I can. The consistency is not too heavy like the Bodyshop body butters and my dry legs thank this.


On my face, I've found myself rationing the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in shade 07 for just undereyes and have been reaching for the MUFE Full Cover Concealer for my spots and acne scarring instead. It's as the name says, full cover indeed. It's also quite tacky and dry, so it doesn't shift or fade too much through the day. If you know me, then you  know I'm always looking for ways to shorten the time I spend getting ready and this concealer covers fast.

I've also taken to using the Everyday Minerals Multi-Tasking Concealer to set my undereye concealer, to use as a eyeshadow to brighten up my eyelids, and as a highlighter for the bridge of my nose. Talk about multi-tasking, anyone? Really finely milled and subtly brightens.

Speaking of brightening, my go to blush (for when I'm not reaching for the bronzer trio) has been the NYX Blush in Angel and I use this right under my eyes for a flush of colour. This is light enough to almost not look like blush, and has a pearly sheen to it that adds to the brightening effect that I'm after. Slightly chalky to the touch in the pan, but brilliant on the cheeks!

And to round it all off, tweezing has never been so fun with those uber cute geisha tweezers that my mom picked up for me. I have no idea where she got them, but a quick Amazon search has found them here.

Do we share the same favourites? Let me know!




No comments:

Post a Comment