Thursday, October 24, 2013

OPI Cuckoo For This Color - Matte Version



In Singapore, we don't have 4 seasons (though I wish it did) but since I'm heading halfway around the world in December (tickets bought yay!) I thought I might as well get myself into the mood. Since my nails have been polish free for quite a while I decided to dig through my bigger-than-it-should-be-considering-I-seldom-paint-my-nails stash and found OPI's Cuckoo For This Colour. While I'm more of a creme type of girl with the impression that all metallics and polishes with tiny glitters come from my mom's generation, I do like a good teal and I don't have a creme teal colour. Note to self - invest in a creme teal. Cuckoo For This Colour is a gorgeous deep emerald teal (if that makes sense) and had a metallic tinge with tiny teal glitters in it. It is such a gorgeous teal colour that I currently have 2 bottles of it in my stash, reason being my sister thought it was also a gorgeous colour and purchased it only to leave it with me when she left for the UK. Right, the colour on its own is rather dated or more...halloween themed if you wanna go as a mermaid so I grabbed my trusty Essie's Matte About You and VOILA! Matte teal with a slight metallic tinge, it even looks quite ombre because only the highest point of the nail catches light and the rest remains dark. Perfect for autumn and winter me thinks. I know navy is in and all, but stand out, get a matte teal, it will rock your world.

The end result actually reminds me of Orly's Iron Butterfly, except in a different colour and with much less glitter. Here's a swatch in which I'm cheating and just linking from alllaqueredup.


Will you be wearing a matte teal nail this autumn and winter? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment