Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser


I have myself a cleansing addiction. I cannot stop myself from trying out different kinds of make up cleansers. When I read about balm cleansers, I just had to get myself an equivalent. Just slightly psychotic, right? Unfortunately, I did not really complete my homework on this cream, so read on to find out.

The Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser is a big un'. Just look at the size of that tub! All that cream (269g) for SGD$7!!! I could throw this tub at you and seriously injure wind you, no kidding. This cream is literally how its name sounds, it's cold and it's a cream. And it removes all the dirt and make up that you need removed.


Witness the creamy delight within. It's almost like a heavy whipped cream, but then you get a whiff of the heavy, heavy rose scent and know it's not for eats. Upon contact with the heat of the skin and some massaging in, the cold cream breaks down into an oil. I love the way it feels on the skin, it goes on super cooling and that's just wonderful!


It's also rather incredible at taking off makeup. On my hand I have swatched the K-palette 24HR Real Lasting Eyeliner, Jealousness Gel Pencil Eyeliner and MUFE Full Cover Concealer. I then dumped a small amount (you could use a quarter that and achieve the same effect), swiped it across the 3 swatches, rubbed 3 times and tissued off the cream. Only the Jealousness Gel Liner remained because that's one stubborn bitch of an eyeliner and I love it for that. When I massaged the cold cream in longer, you can see that all the swatches dissolved and was completely removed. I have used this on waterproof mascara, and it removed all that too! The only annoying thing was that I got oily blurry vision, though it didn't sting my eyes. Also, if you work at the massage long enough, blackheads/sebum plugs do work themselves loose and you can feel the little plugs when you massage the cream into your face. That's really nice because even normal face wash doesn't do that. This is one heck of an effective cleanser and makeup remover but...

This is where I didn't do my homework. It does not dissolve in water!!!!! Damn you, cream! The way to use this cleanser is to "Apply gently to skin, wipe with wet washcloth, and rinse if desired." This does not in any way, come off with water. So what do you do with the face full of oily make up? Tissue it off of course! Or use a cleansing wipe if you have. Then you can wipe with the wet washcloth for some extra exfoliation and to get more residue off. You can stop there and let the oils in the cold cream moisturize your face (that is if you're fine with mineral oil because that's the main ingredient) or thoroughly wash it off with a soap cleanser. I do mean thoroughly because any shoddy handiwork here will still leave you with a film on your face.

I don't like to leave the oil on my face because I find that it doesn't fully absorb and just sits on top of the skin. Worse still, the skin is dry beneath the oily film. That's probably because my skin doesn't really seem to like mineral oils as I've had the same problem with Bio-oil and Innoxa. But I've read many reviews that say that the oily film does the work of moisturizer and no additional skincare is required. There are also many wonder stories of grandmas having really great skin because of this product. That's up to you to believe, but for me, as great as this cold cream is at removing my makeup, I'm sticking to my fuss free water-soluble oil cleansers, thank you very much.

What do you think? Would you use the Pond's cold cream and even take the step to use it as moisturizer?

3 comments:

  1. i use it for both moisturizer and cleanser. first i put it all over my face and rub it in well and let it sit for a few minutes. then i remove the excess with a tissue. if i am feeling extremely grimy i will then use a warm damp washcloth and then dry my face and do it again - but this time just tissuing off the cream and leaving a bit to moisturize.

    i also take what is left on my hands and rub it into my hands and arms and if anything is left on my face and neck.

    at night i will add a little more.

    i've tried the dry skin cream - also by ponds - and prefer using the cold cream for moisturizer since it is heavier and not as highly scented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. some supermarkets sell it i think. but i got mine from venus stores in singapore

      Delete