Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Estee Lauder CyberWhite Brilliant Cells Extra Intensive BB Creme



The Estee Lauder CyberWhite Brilliant Cells Extra Intensive BB Creme is my very first American brand BB cream and was gifted to me by a friend, so I don't know how much it is though I don't doubt it's expensive. It's a BB cream that's been with me for about a year (?) now and it's high time it deserved a review. It's interesting to see that the Estee Lauder BB cream comes in a 50ml tube, much more than the usual 30ml of other BB creams. It's very sleek, almost clinical, with a metallic baby blue twist off cap. I have professed my love for squeezy tubes, and this is no different. The hole from where the product emerges is really small, much smaller than normal (about 2mm diameter?) so yay to no leakages! 

L-R: MAC Studio Fix NC30, Estee Lauder CyberWhite BB Cream

In addition, the product itself is rather thick so it won't just drip out of the tube. As you can see, the Estee Lauder BB cream is very, and I mean very, pale and pink toned. If you're not a fair skinned gal like me, don't fret! The product has next to no coverage and does blend out to almost nothing. Though I still would suggest using a skin toned powder on top of it. There's a slight sunscreen scent to the BB cream, but nothing too offensive. 


Here's evidence that it is too fair for me. I have used it in the centre of my face and up my cheeks as well as on my chin. The camera does not capture the yellow tone of my face anymore but instead captures the brightness of the BB cream. In real life, I don't find my face looking too pale but just slightly brighter and more lively. If you have dull complexion, this baby is calling for you! It has passed the boy test too - I wore it to work one day with just concealer and the boy said it matched my skin tone. Since the cream is quite thick, I do find it to even out the pores and disguise them. On days I wore this, the boy commented my skin looked really smooth. Could this BB cream really be the answer to my skin woes?

The only downer is that as the day wears on, the BB cream that once disguised the pores becomes pooled in the pores so you might wanna just touch up in the middle of the day!


When worn on its own, the Estee Lauder BB Cream feels nourishing on the skin and lightweight. I would not call it feeling like nothing on the skin - there's a feeling of something, but it's not heavy. It also works quite well as a priming base for powders and concealers and does not ball up, flake off or rub off. Foundation on top of the BB cream would definitely feel heavy. 

I've found this BB cream not really to have oil control, so blotting at lunch time is a must (I'm sure you do that anyway!). Since there isn't much coverage anyway, I honestly can't tell when it fades away, which I guess, is a good thing! 

If I had good skin, I would slap this BB cream off and go, but unfortunately I don't so the no coverage is definitely a downer for me. My favourite way of using this is in the centre of my face for brightening, especially when I'm feeling shitty about my dull skin. Then I work my way to a full coverage through concealing. 


Summary:

Pros:
  • Brightens the skin
  • Disguises pores
  • Seems to adjust slightly to match skin tone
  • Lightweight
  • Can act as primer
Cons:
  • Doesn't match my skin tone if I wear too much
  • No oil control
  • No coverage
  • Pools in pores if worn for long and requires touching up


Conclusion: The BB cream gets a solid B from me. Works well for quick days with concealer for a presentable and bright face. Or if you've simply got great skin and want some sun protection. Also passed the boy test in my case because he would compliment me without fail every single time I used this BB cream. Try it for yourself!



No comments:

Post a Comment